Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Bunked Office!


This Monday when the entire world went to office i bunked work. And why did i bunk? Was i feeling the usual Monday blues...well maybe but then thats not the exact reason. I think the main reason was that monotony...the pain of following a routine. The pain of been a cog in the wheel..the pain of doing something every day without really understanding what value you are adding everyday. I think most of the working class suffers from this. And if you think I am wrong...well congrats to you. You are God damm lucky...hope your luck continues.

So when the entire world worked i drove down to my grandpa and grandma's place. It was a complete surprise visit. No prior intimation. No hint. And this type of visit has a charm of its own. Seeing me they were so happy...and i felt really glad. At least i have made two very old people extremely happy that day. How many of us can?

After lunch i started taking a walk with my grandpa. We remembered all the good times we had. I had a close look at the mango tree which i used to climb in order to avoid study. The pond where i learnt to swim is almost non-existant. The empty place of land just behind our kitchen where me and my grandpa used to play cricket is now full of Brinjal trees. The bamboo trees have grown in numbers...how i feared those trees in my childhood. My grandpa used to tell me ghost stories and those bamboo trees were as important character in most of his stories. The best story was the story of the "Petni" (female ghost). He told that those bamboo trees used to have these female ghosts. These "petni" used to trick human beings by laying the bamboo trees straight on the ground. And once you cross them the trees would carry you straight to the top. And the "Petni" will have you. Now you can say thats bullshit. But for a six year old thats quite a hell of a story. And worst of all...i even sometimes fantasized getting laid by these female ghosts. How stupid of me!
I really didnt want to leave the place. But had to go back in the evening. One of the very few productive days of my life came to an end.