Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November- No sweaters plz!!

I always love the early weeks of November in Delhi. The weather becomes slight chilly, just perfect for me. Besides, almost every morning i can see both the sun and the moon co-existing together. A symbol for the secular India i guess.

My office bus arrives at 7.30 am and the early morning part is quite cold. You generally need a half sweater to keep the cold away. I wear a sweater when it’s cold outside. Some days I even take a muffler. Now I see lot of young people waiting for office buses wearing just a shirt. Even lots of girls do not wear a sweater despite the chill. Today I was observing quite a few of these without sweater type male characters. They were almost shivering but still the chest button was wide open. Whom they are trying to impress? Not wearing a sweater is a symbol of youth I guess. It’s not that they cannot afford a sweater. It’s because they feel wearing a sweater in November is not hip. Where is the cold? They enquire. In fact I have seen majority Delhites avoiding sweaters in November. I guess they all have very HOT blood. The other day in office one guy told “Seeing Sap one can sense that winter has arrived. Besides for Bengalis winter starts early”. That guy obviously was not wearing a sweater. After a couple of days that guy was coughing and sneezing like anything. Still he was without a sweater.
Well, different people, Different thoughts. I am just an observer.