Friday, April 2, 2010

Rent a Monkey!!

I generally spend at least twenty minutes every day for deleting spam mails. I really donot know how my office email id becomes public so often but I am fed up of these junk. It’s a complete time waste. And most of the times even if you unsubscribe from the company’s mailing list, these mail still land up after a while though some other 3rd party source. Like the airlines code sharing funda, I guess these email marketing agents have their own sharing arrangement. An arrangement, which is difficult to bypass. Companies know every thing about me. What I want to wear, what type of books I love, my favourite perfumes etc etc. Probably soon they will know my bedroom activities and send me targeted mail! How do they all know this? All I know is I am been tracked. Everybody is been tracked. Love Sex Dhoka syndrome!

But recently my opinion have changed about these spam mails. I no longer find them offensive. Yes deleting them is time consuming but at least I no longer look upon them with venom in my eyes. The reason is an interesting mail http://www.wannamo.com/. Now i have no idea how my email id got registered at this site. Probably I gave away the id through some survey or some third party registration. My work requires me to download lot of reports from this and that website and most of the time I have to give my office email id for verification as I cannot access other mails at office. Anyway the mail was one of a kind. Highly interesting! It told me that I can rent a monkey for day for just Rs 90 instead of the regular price of Rs 1000! Rent a monkey! Why the hell would I want to rent a monkey boss? Would you want to rent a monkey? Let me paste the content of the mail.

“India has always been a place where monkeys were always revered as the brethren of Lord Hanuman, although there have been times when these revered animals have created much havoc and chaos. But what do you know - today you have your own monkey to do some monkey business. So no more you keep staring at the peddler who strolls his own monkey in the streets and you just gaze with amazement with his awesome power to keep the animal under check. Now you have your own monkey with whom you can do limitless things. Right now, we don't have to even give you any clue since we are sure you might be having your own idea about what to do with the monkey for the whole day. Just for Rs 90”

This is the height of entrepreneurship! This is the way we will take on the Chinese. If China can manufacture anything under the sun at dirt cheap prices then we have monkeys to give away on hire at dirt cheap prices. For every Chinese import we will export a monkey! Tit for Tat! For every job taken away from the Indian soil we will send a monkey! For every political battle won we will celebrate with a monkey! And we will not rest till all the monkeys have been exported. And what ever remains I am sure the Gandhi family will rent them up! Pranab babu cheer up! No need to finger the middle class with further taxes! All you need to do is keep collecting the monkeys!