Saturday, November 28, 2009

I am finaly a true Delhite!

Finally the city has got me. Yes! I have lost my humanity! I have lost my feelings! And I have lost compassion for others. I have turned selfish, self centered. If something happens to others I am not at all bothered. Why should I? It’s not affecting me buddy! It’s your problem brother. Go and find a solution yourself. I am not with you.

I was not like this. Five years back when I came from my home town in Bengal to Delhi I was shocked to see the city, its people. How can be they so heartless? And now I am a person without a heart! I am a pure Delhite! All these years I used to believe I am not like them. I am still my old self who was always ready with a helping hand whatever the situation is. But I just deceived myself.

Yesterday while coming back from office I had this realization. As usual I and my travel writer friend were coming back together in his car. As we approached our society gate we found a Dog sitting almost in the middle of the road. Going nearer we found that a puppy was lying dead, crushed. She has lost her child. The dog was looking at our car intensely! Maybe she was trying to figure out if this was the car that murdered the puppy. Her eyes didn’t have vengeance but had a fatalistic look! This was her fate! We slowed down a bit, discussed how hard it must be for this mother to lose her child and drove off. So did I do any wrong? Apparently no. But if this scene would have happened five years back when I was in university I would have reacted differently. I would have tried to get some help and remove the puppy and the mother from the road. Maybe would have tried to console the mom. Would have tried to make her a bit cheerful! And I always thought I love animals! How wrong I was! I don’t love them! I am just a heartless guy just like you all, the big city people.