Thursday, November 19, 2009

School time Hits

I have found out recently an extremely good therapy to recharge myself when I am depressed. I just listen to those songs which were extremely popular during our school days. And these songs make me feel light and make me happy. These songs have a therapeutic effect. Songs which you have listened while growing up remains dear to you throughout your life. I greup listening to Kumar Sanu, Abhijeet and Udit Narayan. And I have a weakness for them and I am sure this will last till my last breadth. “Bazzigar o bazzigar” or “Sexy Sexy mujhe log bole” (The adult song of our time), “Tip Tip barse pani” from Mohra, “Pehela Nasha” from Jo Jeeta wohi Sikandar and “ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga” – I can listen to these songs unlimited times. These were super hit songs during our school days. And I remember how I used to save money and buy blank cassettes to record these hit songs for Rs 1 each. Original cassettes were costly. Thanks to MP3 and my computer – I have almost every song in my collection now. I have named them “School time Hits”. And I listen to these hits when my mood is off. And I recover quickly with a big smile. You should also try this. Identify your most favorite songs when you were in school. And keep them in your ipod. And when you feel the blues listen to them. You will recover in a jiffy!