Thursday, January 7, 2010

Started 2010 with a Bang!

My blog has been abandoned for long time now. Apologies my dear blog! I never forgot you but it’s just that my priorities shifted a bit temporarily. In life priorities change! But you have nothing to worry. You have the first right in my heart. It was a momentary affair. But to be honest with you there is someone extra in my life. My new DSLR. This long time dream got fulfilled on new year day itself. So I was dam busy with that. Hope you understand Bloggie!

I know you must be curious how was my new year weekend. It was rocking from the moment go! Exaactly at 12 I had little scotch and burst some firecrackers at my balcony. My wife and CJ scolded me for polluting the environment. And in a minute the entire society started bursting crackers. New year time! The right to celebrate! Both of them went quite. I smugly enjoyed my drink at the balcony. It was chilly. Shivering. But who cares! Its new year! I should have been careful. Right now I am having a very high fever. Few moments of fun in the cold....leave it. Its new year. Sab chalta hain!

We made a quick one day trip to Rishikesh on 2nd January. Thanks to my Travel writer friend and his luxury car, our very dear ‘Santro’. Very few people can match my friend’s driving skill! Kudos to him for making the tour so much fun and enjoyable. We started off with the agenda of visitng Rajaji National Park but ended up at Rishikesh. The dense fog screwed our vehicle speed and we got late. As a result and our cottage booking got cancelled. The guy at GMVN never told us that the tele booking remains till 4pm. I have memorized his name - ‘Gildiar’. This world is a small place ‘Gildiar’. We surely gonna meet sometime! And I’ll show you the cost of giving half information. ‘G-I-L-D-I-A-R’. Anyway It’s new year so let me keep my anger aside. The entire year remains for my anger.

The visit to Ramjhula and Ananda Spa were mind blowing. Didn’t get much time to roam about but the tour was crisp and full of treasured moments. I should have come to this place in my younger days. So many gori mems in search of nirvana – well demand for Yogis and Babas are huge over here. All you need is a little bit of oratory skills and the art of persuasion. And the pleasure if all yours! Am I taking like a devil? Yes I am. Its new year buddy!
And yes i have made my resolutions. But then whats the point of narrating them when i cannot fullfill them. Wish you all the best for your resolutions! Stick to it.