Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Dog!

I have seen dogs almost everywhere. The road dogs can be seen in the streets, in the parks, inside society complexes, outside malls and restaurants, near dustbins and almost all other public places. The more fortunate ones, i.e. the expensive breeds, which people keep as pets can also be seen at lot of places, in the cars, in flats, in flights, in five star hotels, in airports, stations etc. But today I saw a dog in the most unimaginable place possible. As I woke up in the morning, I removed the window curtains. And behold, there was the Dog on top of the roof of the five storied building opposite our block. No one was nearby. Besides, going by the look it looked like the street dogs. It was all alone. What the hell is it up too? The way the dog was standing at the roof edge was dangerously. Akhsay Kumar’s image flashed in front of me. He is used to dangerous stunts but the Dog is not Akki. I came closer to my window. It came more nearer to the edge and looked downward. What? Was it attempting suicide? You cannot blame him. The condition of our country in the hands of our politicians have deteriorated so much that even dogs are finding it hard to live here anymore. So the dog has reasons to jump down and give his life. I desperately wished it come down. But it showed no sign of retreat. It was walking to the right side where the water tank was. Why was it walking right? I rushed to the balcony and shouted “Hush hat hat jah jah”. The security guard looked at me from the park. I pointed him towards the Dog. He raised his lathi and shouted “hat hat”. Soon a couple of other voices from nearby flats shouted “hat hat jah jah hush”. Soon it was a cacophony of multiple voices targeted towards the dog, which unfortunately was least worried. He kept walking left and right at the edge. It was a dangerous scene. I guess it was mustering the courage to jump down. After all it’s not easy to part with one’s life easily. Suddenly it jumped backwards and in a minute came down and ran towards the society gate. The security guard pursued it with vengeance. I was relieved. I Wish I had recorded the entire episode in my camera. But as goes the saying “when the thief is gone, ideas flash”.