Saturday, December 13, 2008

No Saree No Salwar: I don't want to be an Aunty!

Yesterday I was roaming around in the mall with my wife after having an early dinner. A group of girl along with some uncle and aunts were coming from the opposite direction. They were discussing something and everybody voiced their voices ferociously. It looked like a walking fish market: never seen such a rowdy family. When they came close to us, I heard a skinny girl say “Mein to kabhi nahi Indian dress pehenungi. Bakwas, puri Aunty lagti hu Saree Salwar mein. Skirts Jeans sahi hain mere liye”. (I will never wear an Indian dress like Saree Salwar. They make me look like an aunty. I am comfortable in jeans and skirts). She was wearing a pink skirt, black Pullover and Black slacks. And she had heavy makeup. She made me remember a vamp character which I had seen recently in some movie. I think this lady should be immediately sent to England. These days there is a tremendous increase in these types of characters who consider Indian dresses as devoid of fashion. I felt pity on her considering her physical structure. Thank God she is not wearing a Saree or a Salwar. Let’s preserve the Saree and Salwar for those Indian ladies who are really sweet, beautiful and who do not openly say Indian dresses make them look like a “Behenji”. Thank God no RSS VHP member was not nearby. Else this skinny vamp would have been lynched.