Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I will not wait. Why? Are you the PM?

Today I was waiting for my turn at the ICICI ATM when suddenly a man came from nowhere and stood in front of me. I was standing a bit away from the glass door to facilitate the exit of the man who was inside the ATM. Now this man stood in front of the gate. I looked back. There were three more people behind me. Going by the protocol, this man was supposed be behind all of us but now he was standing in front of the gate, ready to go inside the ATM once the guy comes out. I was a bit puzzled not sure how to resist the guy from going inside. I am kind of an introvert. The situation was quite odd for me. But this is not the first time I am seeing these types of characters. India is full of them and these types of nuts are mostly seen in Delhi and Mumbai. “Me first, me first. I will not wait” sums up their attitude. Complete morons! Couple of years back I wouldn’t have mind. Today I did mind. Nobody was saying anything. India is full of these types of people too. “Hone de yaar, Janne de yaar” types. Let it happen, no hurry man. But I was in hurry. When the guy inside the ATM came out, the nut tried to enter. I told him “Boss I am in line, please excuse”. He gave me a shocked angry look. Did I commit a blasphemy or what? I entered, withdrew the money and left. The man tried to enter now but the guy who was waiting behind me told him the same thing, which I told. “Boss I am in line”. The man gave him a threatening look and took his position at the end of the line. Behind three more guys.

The problem with our generation is most of us taking lot of things for granted. If only everyone stood for their rights, India will soon be a much better place to live. All you need to do is follow the line and not break the rules. Yes, sometimes breaking the rules is necessary to achieve something. But you shouldn’t break the line when lots of fellows are standing in a line, waiting for their turn.