Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Poll Results and Myself!

Finally the results are out! No one expected the Congress to win by such a huge margin. Good for them and hopefully good for the country. I have no political leanings so my emotions are under control. May be if given a chance to vote I would have given my vote to congress. But if given a chance! I am not sure when that chance will come. I have a Bengal voter ID and I am based in New Delhi. So it is not possible to go to Bengal to cast my vote and comeback to Delhi. The stock market has given a big salute to the new UPA government by rising over 2000 points in a span of 13 minutes. Two times it reached the circuit breaker that trading was halted for the day! Good going! Hope this Bull Run lasts. But as the saying goes whatever goes up comes down. Overall I am happy with this new government. Hope they tackle terrorism in a strong way and reduce income taxes. My salary has already decreased (I am in IT sector) and my sincere request to Manmohanji to please consider our case and reduce income tax levels for poor souls like us.

The results in Bengal have made me very excited. The Marxists have lost. And the best part, my hometown CPM MP Mr Lakhsman Seth has lost by a huge margin. I am happy to see this man go. Mr Seth never supported dedicated party workers and CPM loyalists. Opportunists were always given a chance. And I have never received anything in the 20 years that I have spent in his constituency. I have got my education in a private school, got in college and university by pure merit. I tried to get a job in Haldia but I lost out to candidates sent by party cadres. Merit took a backseat. Talent was a foreign word. The colour Red mattered. And I didn’t wear any Red shirt. Same happened to my friends. They also failed to wear Red shirts. But God’s grace was with us. We had the courage to leave Bengal and settle in other places like Delhi, Mumbai, and Hyderabad where opportunities existed for hardworking guys.

Now, Bengal belongs to Mamta. This lady has driven away the Tata group. She seems to be anti-industry. But then I am not sure what will be her policy as she is now in power. Industrialization is the only way to create further jobs. She knows this well. I will be watching her closely. This is her chance to perform. My best wishes for her. I will also be closely following my father in law (a TMC loyalist) and my mother-in-law (a CPM loyalist). Its good have debates and verbal fights but when it goes on 27/7 it becomes irritating. Hope both of them will co-exist peacefully with my wife as the referee. I love both of them too much but not their parties. I just love development. Whoever does it is my beloved! Can i expect a ticket now?