Friday, May 1, 2009

I kissed the feet of God!

Responsible, Mature, Serious – These three words are totally missing from my life. This is my wife’s accusation against me. And recently I have seen lot of other people close to my heart accusing me in the same line. Well I will not defend myself. To some extent the accusation is true. I am working for the past four years and still my bank balance is abysmally low. I am yet to decide what I really want to do in life. My wishes keep changing. Near and dear ones constantly put pressure on me to do a MBA to consolidate my position in office and move up the corporate ladder. But do I really want to keep going to some office for the next twenty five years of my life. No I don’t. So what is the need for an MBA? But then you never know. Like the last four years, the next twenty five years also may just pass by with me going to office everyday and still thinking what to do to make my life a success!

But things are changing in my life. And how?

Few days back my wife’s friend Ruchi gave birth to a princess. Hearing the good news both of us went to Faridabad to see the little angel. Now I never had an opportunity to see such a small kid. She was just 7 days old –so cute and so small. She was sleeping peacefully and didn’t respond to her mom. We waited patient for her to open her eyes and give us a smile. Then dad took over. Surprisingly when her dad called her she opened her eyes and gave a confusing to look seeing four pair of eyes together. I got a bit nervous as she was on the verge of crying. But her dad told her some incomprehensible stuff in her ears and then she suddenly smiled at all of us. Ah! What a smile. The power of an innocent smile brimming with positive energy is endless. It highly invigorates you. All pain, depression, fatigue vanishes in front of that smile. I was a bit afraid to touch her. She is so soft and small. But then seeing my wife skillfully taking her up in her arms, I got a little confidence and I kissed her forehead. For a second I just felt I kissed the feet of God.
While coming back I was totally lost in my own thoughts. I discovered a new found respect for my parents. 27 years back I was also in the same position. Tender and small. And look at me now. Friends call me baby elephant! And after some years I might be having a baby! And along with the baby comes huge responsibility. The responsibility of a father.

I am trying to be a little more serious with my life. Regarding what to do for the next 25 years of my life I am still undecided but one thing is sure I am trying to use every moments of my life productively. After all its just one life we have and we don’t have any right to waste it away. The only comforting factor right now is I have a very caring wife – a person ready to be with me through thick and thin.