Sunday, December 6, 2009

Haircut! Finally!

Yesterday I finally had my haircut. The last time I had my hair cut was almost two months back. And my hair grows real fast. So it was kind of a jungle on top of my head. Why didn’t I cut my hair early? Reason is that mein behek gaya tha. I decided to keep long hair in order to look cool. Initially I tried my best to follow the rules. I shampooed it, oiled it, geled it, washed it, nursed it regularly. But the enery was with me for only two weeks. And I lost the energy in few weeks itself. I told myself enough is enough. I am no Bollywood hero! Neither am I a photographer! Neither am I a fashion designer. I am just a boring guy with a boring job with a boring kind of life! So no point in trying to change my boring life with some exciting long hair aping some Bollywood hero. So I decided to chop it off and get my sanity back. My hair has grown phenomenally and instead of making me look cool made me look like a walking forest reserve. And maintaining it was getting expensive and consumed too much of my fucking time! So I went to saloon yesterday to get rid of the mess. While I was having my haircut a little boy also came for a haircut accompanied by his father. His dad told him “Beta agar kuch style karana hain to Bhaiya ko bata do”. The boy got his hair styled like the style of Ranbir Kapoor in “Wake up Sid”. He looked cool. And I got lost in the thoughts of my childhood. How our local barber used come every fourth Sunday at our colony to give all the kids a haircut. We used to sit on a chair under a tree across the road while Gopal uncle, the barber khusi khusi sized our hair. Once we were done the elders got their cutting and shaving done. It became kind of a get together with everyone waiting for their turn and chatting. In the winter tea was also served by some over enthusiastic aunties. I almost fell asleep. It feels so good with the synchronous movement of the comb and scissor.

“Sir ho gaya”
I woke up startled. My face was looking like a football now with all the hair gone. He has really made it short.
“Yaar tumne bahut hi chota kar diya! Itna chota maine thori bataya tha.” I shouted seeing my hair.
“Sir apne kuch bataya hi nahi”
My haircut made me look like a Jawan ready to get posted at Baramullah in North Kashmir! But then I consoled myself thinking that at least for the next two months I will have no need to visit the salon. The boy beside me was now getting a facial.
“Sir aur kuch kar du? Shaving? Facial?
“No. This is enough!” I barked.
“Sir you have lot of blackheads! If you take facial these will go” and he pinched my nose to get some blackhead out. He showed them to me proudly.
“Chor yaar! I am now married! I have no longer the need to look good. Bas massage kar de thora sar pe” I gushed.
“Sir shadi ke baad to jyada facial karani chaiye. Competition ki jamana hain Sir! Bhabiji will feel good if you look good Sir. Kara du fruit facial. Mast glow karega skin”

“Kara de mere bhai. Kara de” I smiled and looked smugly at the boy. Buddy I will also look like you!