Monday, December 7, 2009

Sufi: Bullet in his balls!

When somebody starts comparing with Arundhati Roy with the literary giant Anton Chekhov: we have a situation down here. Somebody has gone mad. And who is this mad guy? A guy called Mayank Austen Sufi. This guy is a good photographer, could be better writer and a pathetic Arundhati lover. His blog is published in Hindustan Times under the name of Delhiwalah. You can read his blog at http://thedelhiwalla.blogspot.com/. I won’t say his writing is bad but then it’s nothing better than average. He just gets over board too many times. And his besotted love for Arundhati Roy makes things worse for me. I have a friend who aspires to be the next Pankaj Mishra. Well he is more talented than this Sufi…..did I sound audacious? I don’t think so! But then why is Sufi more popular? Luck? Probably. Sufi more hard working then my friend? Again probably! But what is the main thing that keeps him much ahead than my friend….well I think it’s the energy. I admit that Sufi has oodles of energy. And when one has nothing to worry about (roti kapda makan) and tries to focus himself on certain particular thing…success comes easily. You must be thinking why I am bitching about this Sufi?? What has he done? He is successful, happy and famous! So whats wrong? Well I am jealous of him man! He is doing what I always want to do…so I have decided to torment him, to mock him, to beat the hell out of him. You know what is the very first line of this Sufi’s blog http://thedelhiwalla.blogspot.com? “The Delhi Walla's pretension in writing makes me want to lodge a bullet in his balls”, Blogger Nimpipi, the woodchuck chucks. Come on sufi……be ready for the bullet in your balls. And I am sure my upcoming Pankaj Mishra friend will join me in this useless bitching. We don’t have better things to do! I have gone mad! Now get away from this blog before you go mad. Go! Run! Take cover! I will burst all the balls!